Learn how to find your purpose. Do you want to know the purpose of your life? Have you struggled with questions like who am I? Or what is the meaning of your life?
Do you have a dream you desire to fulfill and want to gain clarity on how to access it?
I remember when I went on a journey to find my purpose and live my dream. Stuck at dead-end jobs, not nearly close to living my dream I was tired of feeling stagnant, unfulfilled and temporary fixes that were always short-lived.
Let’s be honest, at the end of the day, whenever the high of partying, hanging out or fun stops the reality remains the same. Those feelings of never seem to completely go away and at the end of the day, we are still left to face them. Purpose Queen, you deserve to access everything you are and could be.
Fighting to keep the Barrier
What does it take to live a life of Purpose? Glad you asked. Brings me back to one of the worst moments in my life. At least I at the time I thought it was. My journey began when I found myself being evicted from my two-bedroom government apartment with two kids depending on me to be an example.
Being far from the example I wanted to be was not an easy pill to swallow but in order to make the changes, I needed to in order to improve I needed to face this reality. Sometimes it can be hard to admit that somewhere along the way we lost control of our lives.
I fought to keep that apartment and thought losing it was one of the worst things that could have ever happened. Now looking back on it had I not been evicted I may have never allowed my pain to push me into my purpose. You see it was when that eviction happened that my safety net known as a comfort zone was snatched right from under me.
Purpose Queen, sometimes the things we fight to keep is the exact thing that is keeping us from reaching our dreams. You were created for more than this post gives me the luxury to explain. What is it that could be holding you backstopping you from taking a chance on your dream?
What is it that you may be holding on to stopping or hindering you from reaching your potential?
A few things I began to do that lead me to find my purpose:
In this season of life, I quickly realized a few things. One was I needed to make a change and fast.
- Work on yourself. First thing I did was Work on myself. I looked at some of the important areas I needed to improve in to put myself in a better position.
- Explore the good. I began to ask key questions taking the focus off of what had gone wrong looking for possibilities of what might be right about my situation that could work out for my good.
- Search for your purpose. The desire to find my purpose came when i came to the conclusion that nothing I had done up unto this point had worked. I began to dream again which lead me to search for my purpose. I wanted to do something that was meaningful in my life. I wanted to find the thing that I was created for. So I began to search. One of the many secrets I learned about the journey to finding our purpose if I had known could have saved me years of time that I spent going in circles.
One Secret about your purpose journey…
- Work on your Mindset. Purpose requires you to shift your mindset. Your thinking could determine how well your purpose comes together. When making the choice to live a life of purpose understand that parts of your purpose may seem too BIG at times. Your purpose may consist of doing things you may not believe you can even do so it will require you to be open to the possibilities.
When I began to search for my purpose there were things I knew I desired to be, do and have that I bypassed because it was too big for me to believe was possible for me.
My limited belief system had to be broken down piece by piece. This journey is a process. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. I wish I knew this before I spend years of overlooking vital parts of my purpose I didn’t believe I was capable of accomplishing.
You see, the reality is that there were intricate parts of my connection to my purpose that scared me. Things that I didn’t think I was worthy enough to be, do or have. Purpose Queen, today I want to tell you that you are worthy to live your dream, be, do and have everything in that vision you see for your life.
The meaning for life
When I understood the meaning for my life I was simply liberated. I felt free from the pain of not knowing the reason for my existence. I can still remember that day so clearly. In my room cleaning up one weekend day, it all hit me.
The thing I spent years searching for came to me in a moment. You see, parts of my purpose came to me like keys. Over the years I got keys. This was such a profound time in my life that I have now identified these experiences as keys to our purpose.
I have come to understand the meaning of my life is not about being something that people will admire, vanity, materialism or any of those things the world tells us will make us happy. But it is about self-discovery.
A combination of experiences both good or bad could play a huge role in our purpose. Using our talents, abilities, gifts, and skills to serve the world. To contribute to a cause that lights the fire on the inside of us. We were created to use everything we have to serve humanity even some of the things that we didn’t like can help bring us clarity.
4 Important Questions to ask yourself:
- Question 1: The question is what is the part of your past experiences that you may be holding back that you should be used to birth the fire in you to make a difference in the lives of others?
- Question 2: What do you wish you had that could have changed some of the negative things that have happened to you in your childhood?
- Question 3: What is the thing that you found that came easy for you that was not easy for others but you seemed to flow in that area gracefully? (For me it was Coaching. As a child, I advised and counseled people without even knowing it was a form of Coaching.)
- Question 4: What is that you, if the failure was not an option and fear, didn’t exist you would do?